DriveLocker: Hide Any Hard Drive Partition on Your Computer

Sunday, March 25, 2012


I have partitioned my hard drive into 2 parts: C and D. C, as is normally, is dedicated for installation files and such. My D drive is dedicated to songs and all types of personal files. Since I often have friends over who use my computer, I was looking for a way to hide my personal drive from them. I need a way to hide my D drive. And that way was excellently provided by DriveLocker.
DriveLocker is a wonderful program for Windows computers that hides any hard drive partition of your choice. Through the images and description below, you will see how it works.
First of all, you will need to download the program’s ZIP archive that is only 23KB large. Then you will need to extract the executable within this archive. Opening this EXE file will run the program, no installation will be required. This is what the program looked like on my computer:
drivelocker-1
Initially both drives will be unchecked. This means that I can view both my drives listed under “My Computer”.
drivelocker-2
To hide my D drive, I selected the corresponding drive in the DriveLocker program and clicked on the “Apply” button.
drivelocker-3
The result of this was exactly what I wanted. My D drive was hidden when the “My Computer” folder was opened.
drivelocker-4
You can see that the D drive is absent from the Folder view on the side as well. This completes the hiding the process.
To make the hard drive reappear, simply unselect the D drive in the program, click on the “Apply” button and reboot your computer.
Note that by hiding a drive through DriveLocker, you are simply hiding it and not locking it. In other words, when my D drive was hidden it was still accessible by other programs. It only appeared to be absent to the average computer users. This is a major advantage as it does not disrupt the performance of programs that need files stored in the D drive.

0 comments: